In this episode of Hash It Out join me as I talk to Alex Berger, co-founder and brewer for Magic Number. Magic Number is a craft cannabis infused beverage company based in Bend, OR. In this episode we discuss their origin story, product offering, sourcing and processing practices, and the cannabis industry’s effect on adjacent industries. Additionally, we delve into the following topics:
- Edibles as a consumption method, their benefits, and the difference in effect vs. smoking or vaping cannabis
- Micro vs. Macro dosing with cannabis edibles
- The future potential of cannabis in a society where people seem to always be looking for a way to alter their state of mind – whether that be caffeine and exercise or other more illicit substances – cannabis can be a healthy alternative that helps address stress, anxiety and depression
- Taking healthcare into our own hands with increasing accessibility of cannabis and how this is poised to revolutionize health care in America
- What business owners and consumers can be doing to influence the growth of the cannabis industry in a positive direction (spoiler: it starts with normalization and de-villainization)
- The mindset shift normalization of cannabis is effecting – as we start to question this cultural zeitgeist, we become more likely to question what other misinformation our government has perpetuated – what else do we need to question?
- Normalization is being shouldered at the retail level as the consumer facing arm of the industry, but how can producers and processors begin to lighten the load?
About Magic Number
Magic Number Ginger Beer and Cold-Brewed Coffees are insanely delicious, craft brewed, cannabis-infused beverages for spirited individuals everywhere. Their non-alcoholic beverages are available in 3 doses (3mg, 10mg, and 25mg THC) so you can tailor your experience to the occasion.
Their craft brewed beverages are made from scratch with love in Bend, Oregon. They juice the organic Peruvian ginger themselves and use fresh locally roasted Guatemalan coffee beans. Magic Number beverages are all natural, made with cane sugar (no corn syrup here), and don’t contain any preservatives. Their beverages also make delicious mixers with recipes only limited by your imagination. What’s your Magic Number?
About the podcast
Hash It Out is here as a resource for consumers who take an interest in the future of the cannabis industry. We are currently at a crossroads where it is more important than ever to make informed decisions about which companies to support with our hard earned dollars. In a landscape where quality is no longer a distinguishing factor, how do we as consumers decided who’s products to buy? Hash It Out is a series of conversations that dig into the bigger questions around how a business is effecting the future of cannabis, what values they model, and why they do what they do.